BOOKKEEPER / RECEPTIONIST
BOOKKEEPER / RECEPTIONIST
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position as BOOKKEEPER / RECEPTIONIST is to performbookkeepingduties in an efficientmanner,in accordancewith establishedprocedures,and asdirected by your Administrator.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to performEven though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline ascomplete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you MAY be required to performother related duties and activities.
- Receive and follow Accounts Payable guidelines as outlined in our established policies and procedures and as instructed by your Administrator
- Operate paging/telephone system as required
- Answer telephone, determine nature of call, & relay information within the facility, as necessary
- Receive inquiries and release information in accordance with established policies & procedures
- Receive requests from within the facility and locate personnel through the paging system
- Give directions/information to visitors, guests, residents, etc.
- Ensure guests/visitors abide by existing rules and refuse admission to persons, as directed
- Assist with administrative duties, as directed
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis; as well as a calm environment throughout the facility
- Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected
- Follow all established safety procedures and precautions when operating office equipment
- Attend and participate in inservice educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed
- Assure that work/assignment areas are neat, clean, and office equipment is covered before leaving such areas on breaks, end of work day, etc.
- Responsible for meeting all deadlines and submitting required reports on a timely basis
- Purchase Orders
- Vendor Files
- Bind Reports
Payroll: (Back-up Bookkeeper)
- Set up employee in payroll journal
- Payroll file maintenance
- Keep record of vacation earned and sick time accruals
- KRONOS (See KRONOS manual)
- Hours report
- Turnover reports
- Sign up employees for insurance and start payroll deductions the first pay period after the effective date
- Check insurance invoice against the payroll register
- Keep punch detail record on file for each employee
- Disburse, keep up with receipts, purchase orders, and reimburse at least once monthly
- Reconcile with bank statement and send copy to Home Office
- Meal Sales
- Responsible for mail
- Receipt monies, fill out deposit slips, and carry to bank
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by your Administrator
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated office areas
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily as necessary
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs as directed
- Subject to pressure from multiple calls
- May be subjected to infectious diseases, substances, contaminated articles, etc.
- Communicates with nursing and other department personnel
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position.
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.