MDS / CARE PLAN COORDINATOR
MDS / CARE PLAN COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to complete the Resident Assessments in accordancewith facility, state, and federal guidelines, and within the individual’s scope of practice, ifapplicable. In addition, you are responsible to coordinate, schedule, and conduct patient care plan meetings. You will also assist as requested to assure that an acceptable degree of quality resident care is being provided.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform as you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability to carry out your assigned duties.
Even though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline as complete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other related duties and activities.
- Plan, organize, implement, and direct the plan of care for each resident admitted to the facility; will serve as the chairperson/coordinator of the Resident Care Planning Committee
- Coordinates Resident Care Plan activities giving particular emphasis on nursing service plans of care for residents within the nursing facility
- Coordinates and implements the residents minimum data set per facility guidelines, policy, and procedure for all residents within the nursing facility
- Knowing the assessment is an ongoing process: visits each resident on a routine basis in order to change and improve and/or update the plan of care as indicated by the assessment process
- Assist nursing services with coordinating resident’s monthly summary and care plan goals to provide a continuum of nursing care
- Assure that department personnel, residents, visitors, etc. follow established policies and procedures, to include safety rules and regulations at all times
- Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected
- Work with the facility’s consultants as necessary and implement recommended changes, as directed by the Administrator
- Attend and participate in your professional associations’ activities and programs, etc. to assure that you keep abreast of current regulations and guidelines as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of your job position and duties
- Assure that your work area is maintained in a clean, safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform duties
- Assist surveyors, as necessary, in finding information requested
- Add other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate or as may be directed by the Director of Nursing or Administrator
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.