PAYROLL / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE BOOKKEEPER
PAYROLL / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE BOOKKEEPER
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position as PAYROLL / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE BOOKKEEPERis to perform bookkeeping duties in an efficient manner, in accordance with establishedprocedures, and as directed by your Administrator.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform.
Even though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline as complete as possible. However, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other related duties and activities.
- Receive and follow Payroll/Accounts Payable guidelines as outlined in our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your Administrator
- Operate paging/telephone system, as required (optional)
- Answer telephone, determine nature of call, and relay information within the facility as necessary
- Receive inquiries and release information in accordance with established policies & procedures
- Receive requests from within the facility and locate personnel through paging system
- Assist with administrative duties, as directed
- Attend and participate in inservice educational classes and on-the-job training programs, as directed
- Assure that work/assignment areas are neat, clean, and office equipment is covered before leaving such areas on breaks, end of the work day, etc.
- Maintain an accurate Daily Census and reports census daily to appropriate persons (backup to Accounts Receivable)
- Responsible for meeting all deadlines and submitting required reports on a timely basis v Receipt monies, fill out deposit slips, and carry to bank
- Accounts Payables:
- Purchase orders
- Vendor Files
- Bind Reports
- Set up employee in payroll journal
- Payroll File Maintenance
- Vacation earned and sick time accruals
- KRONOS (see KRONOS Manual)
- Hours Report
- Turnover Reports
- Sign up employees for insurance and start payroll deductions the first pay period after the effective date
- Check insurance invoice against the payroll register
- Keep punch detail record on file for each employee
- Petty Cash:
- Disburse, keep up with receipts, purchase orders, and reimburse
- Reconcile with bank statement
- Meal Sales
- Responsible for meeting all deadlines timely and for submitting required reports on a timely basis
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by your Administrator
- Accounts Receivable: (Back-up Bookkeeper)
- receiving cash and making deposits
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated office areas
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily when necessary
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs as directed
- Subject to pressure from multiple calls
- May be subjected to infectious diseases, substances, contaminated articles, etc
- Communicates with nursing and other department personnel
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.