PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist with general orientation and generalestablished training programs in the facility in accordance with current federal, state, and local regulations, current standards and guidelines under the direction/supervision of the Administrator or DON and within individual’s scope of practice as applicable.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform as delegated the responsibility and accountability to carry out your assigned duties.
Although your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline ascomplete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other related duties and activities as directed by the Administrator/DON.
- Conduct general orientation for personnel utilizing established programs in accordance with the facility’s policies, procedures, and guidelines (i.e. personnel policies; pay periods; fire; disaster; facility tours; resident rights; confidentiality; HIPAA; policy against fraud, abuse, and waste; facility safety rules; emergency procedures; workers compensation; hazardous chemical communication policy; drug free workplace policy; EEO; non-discrimination/harassment policy; etc. Nursing general orientation is conducted by, if an RN, the Staff Facilitator, or by the designated registered nurse under the direction of the Administrator or the DON
- Conduct general information and on-the-job programs using facility established modules
- Conduct regular or special general information sessions for staff on current and/or changes in general policies utilizing facility established programs. Nursing information sessions are conducted by, if an RN, the Staff Facilitator, or by the designated registered nurse under the direction of the Administrator or the DON
- Assist with inservice activities, i.e. place on training calendar, post notices of inservice training, make copies of handouts, secure equipment, etc. for department in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Assist with maintaining instructional manuals, reference materials, etc. pertinent to general orientation and staff information programs as delegated by the Administrator/DON
- Assure that required equipment and knowledgeable operators are available to present special inservice materials
- Perform necessary record keeping requirements, i.e. forms, reports, class attendance, and subject records, etc
- May assist with general inservice programs (refer to #1) for staff through utilization of established facility modules or plans under the direction of the Administrator/DON
- Serve on various committees of the facility as assigned by the Administrator/DON
- Other related duties and activities within the individual’s assigned responsibilities and/or scope of practice as applicable
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas
- Sitting, standing, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours
- May work flexible hours
- Subject to interruptions
- Willingness to work beyond normal hours when necessary
- Subject to infectious diseases, substances, etc
- Position may require out-of-town travel
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.