Unlocking the Human Potential
Discover the Lake Park Difference
At Lake Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, we’re not just another rehabilitative or nursing facility; we are a team of uniquely qualified professionals, carefully recruited and hired for our nursing care and therapeutic talents. Our skills reach far beyond the stringent requirements of being well-qualified health care professionals; we’re responsive to the needs of our patients and their families—trustworthy in our approach and committed to quality care.
Unlocking the human potential and raising spirits are the focus of Lake Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center therapy programs. There is a side of therapy which has nothing to do with muscle coordination or retraining the brain to do daily tasks or communication skills. It’s the human side of therapy—the side of therapy that gives people hope, making them believe they can perform activities which they might have thought were never again possible. It’s all about recovery and a sense of personal accomplishment.
The Lake Park Advantage
- Professional and Certified Healthcare Professionals
- SPARK Memory Care for Alzheimer’s and Dementia Patients
- Compassionate, Personalized Care Programs
- Adaptable Daily Schedule and Activities
- Adaptable Rehabilitation and Regular Plan Evaluation
- On-Site Physician Three Days a Week
We invite you to come by and visit. Take a tour and see why life at Lake Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is an experience to enjoy. A highlight of our facility is our SPARK memory care program for patients with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Whether your stay is long term or short term, Lake Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center meets each of our patients’ medical needs, while maintaining independence and dignity.
It is our belief that the rehabilitation process is more effective when the environment is comfortable and supportive of each patient’s needs. Our facility has been newly renovated to offer all of the accommodations and amenities of home to make a patient’s stay as comfortable as possible.
Amenities & Accommodations
- 120 beds in both private and semi-private rooms
- Fully-equipped therapy gym and ADL kitchen
- Dayrooms and outdoor courtyards
- Barber & Beauty Shop services available weekly
- Monthly Resident’s Council meetings to plan activities and special events
- Weekly and monthly religious services from several area churches
- Transportation available to outside doctor’s appointments
- Housekeeping and personal laundry
We believe that stewardship shouldn't only be extended to our patients; that’s why we are also active members in our community, enriching the lives of many other people outside the walls of our facility. In addition to being active members of the Union County Chamber of Commerce, we also participate in the Union Hospital Round Table group on the reduction of hospital re-admissions. We participate in several area philanthropic events, such as the Fred Kirby Memorial Golf Tournament, the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s, and Walk of Life to End Cancer.
We also like to bring the community into our facility to engage our patients and residents with meaningful community interaction. Our facility plays host to a variety of clinical training programs at South Piedmont Community College and Stallings High School. We regularly invite Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops to come in, visit with residents and assist with arts and crafts activities and hold regular men’s and women’s groups for individuals both inside and outside the facility.
We pride ourselves on being as accommodating as possible for our residents regardless of their mobility. We provide transportation services to and from doctor’s appointments for all of our residents. Wheelchair and stretcher transports are available for doctor’s appointments as well as planned activity outings. Non-emergency transports are provided by MedEx Medical Transport. Emergency transports are provided by Union County Emergency Medical Services.
We’re in the business of helping our patients reach their mobility goals, not to win awards. However, throughout the years, we’ve had the opportunity to win several awards for quality patient care both statewide and nationally.
- Named an AHCA National Quality Silver Award winner for 2013
- Named an AHCA National Quality Bronze Award winner for 2011
- US News and World Report’s Best Nursing Homes in America for 2013 and 2014
- 2013 NC CCC Donna McNeil Memorial Service Award for volunteer participation
- 2012 NC CCC Donna McNeil Award Winner for Volunteer of the Year in North Carolina